Secondary Vocational School, Pod amfiteátrom 7, Levice was established by the company Slovak Stonemasonry Industry in September 1st, 1979. Today the school is administrated by Nitra municipal region.
The school offers vocational education to elementary school leavers as well as the follow-up study to our apprentice graduates.
Our study programmes are aimed at regional development in close connection to tourism, transport and logistics, information technologies.
Summary of education programmes:
3-year training branches (closed with vocational certificate):
c) car production mechanic-specialist.
4-year study branches (closed with school-leaving certificate):
a) information and telecommunication technologies,
b) marketing in tourism,
c) transport and logistics.
The school operates as the accredited retraining centre organizing requalification courses and exams to certify vocational eligibility of stonecutters, short or long-term training activities for entrepreneurs and tradesmen in cooperation with the Slovak Guild of Stonecutters or Slovak Association of Crafts. The school also cooperates closely with the regional branch of the Slovak Craft Chamber, Association of Trade and Tourism Bratislava, in the last period we have started very successful cooperation with private companies located in Levice – Géňa industrial park.
The school is highly experienced in European education projects such as program Phare, Socrates - Comenius, Leonardo da Vinci, European Social Fund and has created a wide network of foreign partner schools.
The school implements quality management principles within the TQM system in its activities:
- orientation towards partners´ satisfaction,
- orientation towards processes,
- cardinal role of management,
- development of knowledge and involvement of each employee
- team cooperation,
- permanent improvements.
School manpower management is aimed at creating positive clime at school that is the substantial factor of successful team work.
International network and partnerships:
- partnership of elementary and secondary schools as the result of cooperation in international projects (partner schools in Portugal, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Turkey),
- partner institutions for organizing VET students and adults internships (England, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal) under Leonardo da Vinci Mobility programme.
Membership in associations, participation:
- member of Association of Trade and Tourism (since 2010),
- long-term active cooperation with the Slovak Guild of Stonecutters (since 1993),
- long-term active cooperation with the Slovak Association of Crafts Bratislava (since 1993),
- long-term active cooperation with the Slovak Chamber of Trade and Industry, regional branch in Nové Zámky (since 2005).